This pattern shows you how to knit and assemble a pouf in six different sizes: (dimensions are approximate)
• Extra small - 9 inches in diameter, 7 inches tall
• Small: 12 inches in diameter, 8 inches tall
• Medium: 14 inches in diameter, 11 inches tall
• Large: 16 inches in diameter, 12 inches tall
• Extra large: 18 inches in diameter, 13 inches tall
• Extra extra large: 20 inches in diameter, 14 inches tall
Using two strands of super bulky yarn held together, you will knit a stretchy cover, then make a bag to hold the stuffing of your choice. The pattern details how to create both soft, pillow-like poufs and more firm poufs that can be used as ottomans or low seats.
The pattern comes as a PDF file, which should become available to download as soon as your payment clears. This is not the actual knit pouf! If you are interested in purchasing a finished knit pouf, please contact me for a custom order.
Difficulty of knitting: Moderate. You will need to know how to knit and purl and how to use a circular knitting needle to work in the round. There is also a bit of easy sewing with a big yarn needle.
Cost: It really varies depending on the size of the pouf. The standard ottoman size, the extra large, requires 6 skeins of yarn and 2 yards of felt. Of course you can always use the pattern as a starting point and substitute your own materials.